Monday 21 November 2011

Paris (France) itinerary September 16th-23rd 2012

Admittedly, Paris has never been a must go place for me. But in regards to going on somewhat of an artistic pilgrimage I would have to visit Paris just to pay homage to the Louvre. The Louvre, in its successive architectural metamorphoses, has dominated central Paris since the late 12th century. The original structure was gradually engulfed as the city grew. The dark fortress of the early days was transformed into the modernized dwelling of François I and, later, the sumptuous palace of the Sun King, Louis XIV.
http://www.louvre.fr/templates/llv/images_en/dot.gifhttp://www.louvre.fr/templates/llv/images_en/dot.gifAlthough I am not a traditional artist in terms of aesthetic choices and materials used, I have had to take a number of art history classes throughout my years at university and it would be nice to finally see some of these works in person opposed to in a text book.
The Louvre

The Louvre
Cheesy Music ^

No comments:

Post a Comment