Monday 21 November 2011

London (England) itinerary for October 3rd-10th 2012


I have had the pleasure of staying in London for 2 days in the past however, it was such a quick visit that I really feel as though I didn’t have enough time to take in the sights and really enjoy myself. Considering that London is the travel hub of the world, it seems evident that I would be bound to land in Heathrow airport at some point and might as well hop of and stay a while.

Jessica and Patrick
My friend Jessica and her newly be wedded husband Patrick live in the Shakespeare towers which is part of Barbican. The Barbican is a residential estate that consists of 13 terrace blocks, grouped around the lake and green squares within the complex. The main buildings rise for up to seven floors above a podium level, which links all the facilities in the Barbican, providing a pedestrian route above street level. There is no vehicular access within the estate, but there are some car parks at the periphery of the estate. Public car parks are located within the Barbican center. This beautiful facility located in pretty much central London is an amazing place to stay and would definitely help with the woes of spending money during a long trip. 
The Shakespeare Tower
I would strongly like to see the Tate Modern again for it is definitely one of the most highly regarded art galleries in the entire world. They are known for having very fascinating installation based works within their main entrance and being an installation artist myself I would highly value being able to experience the works in person.
Tate Modern
Fake Sun Installation

More so, in relation to street art – London does host many original works from the artist known as Banksy which would be nice to see in person.



Lastly, I would like to just simply enjoy the city of London. Although my trip is intended to be oriented around viewing art it is also important to take our time and relax while shuffling about. A top interest would be to sit in a nice pub and get a proper meal of fish and chips!


No comments:

Post a Comment